Star Transmission SRL (“STC”) – Controller, and Star Assembly SRL (“STA”) – Controller, with the associated Controllers, hereby inform you of the processing of your personal data in the context of applying for an available job within the two companies, part of the Daimler Group. You will find the necessary details regarding the jobs for which you apply in their advertising announcements.
STC and STA, the companies that published the available jobs, are responsible for processing your personal data, as personal data operators, according to data protection specific norms, especially Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”.
The categories of personal data especially include your name, contact data, date and place of birth, gender, marital status, nationality, data regarding qualifications, diplomas and other application documents. We process special categories of data (e.g. the religious denomination) only with your consent, if you wish to provide us with this information by means of the application form. If you are selected to occupy the position for which you apply, your special data shall be processed according to art. 9, par. 2, let. b) of GDPR. Moreover, during the selection process, we may process personal data that we legitimately obtained from public sources (e.g. professional networks).
According to the legal provisions, we process your personal data exclusively in order to implement the selection process for the job for which you applied. The goal of the personal data processing is personnel selection, and the legal grounds for this processing is art. 6, par. 1, let. b) of GDPR. Your personal data may also be regularly processed for statistical purposes. This is generally performed anonymously. Your personal data shall not be used for other purposes (e.g. for marketing purposes).
If you are invited to attend an interview, we will also process other categories of data that you will directly provide to us, as well as the data obtained after performing tests for assessing your aptitudes, skills or psychological traits.
Within the two companies, the addressees of your aforementioned personal data are the managers of the department that is responsible for occupying the vacant job and the responsible persons from the Human Resources department. Within the Daimler group, you data may be viewed by all the managers who look for an adequate person for an available job, if you have chosen an application without specifying your preferred job. Moreover, we have contracted a provider of IT services for operating and maintaining this IT system.
Processing duration – we limit the storage of your personal data to the period of time that is necessary for the processing for the purpose for which it was collected. Thus, we regularly delete your personal data, as follows:
• The created profile remains active as long as you are in the selection process for an available job. After the process has been completed, your profile will be deleted 12 months after this date.
• The data related to your hiring applications will be deleted 6 months after the completion of the respective selection process.
In the context of processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
• Right to data access – you may ask us for information regarding your personal data, which we process, as well as any other information listed in detail under art. 15 of GDPR.
• Right to data rectification – you may ask us to correct your incorrect personnel data and, if necessary, to supplement incomplete personal data, according to art. 16 of GDPR.
• Right to withdraw your consent regarding the processing, without affecting the legality of the processing performed until that moment.
• Right to data deletion (“right to be forgotten”) – you may ask us to delete your personal data, insofar as it is no longer necessary for the selection process or for complying with legal obligations. The specific reasons are provided in detail under art. 17 of GDPR.
• Right to restrict the processing of your personal data, if one of the conditions provided in art. 18 of GDPR is met (e.g. if you have disputed the accuracy of the data, for the time interval in which the company checks your claim).
• Right to data portability – you may ask us to send you the data you have electronically provided to other controllers, by the same means by which they were sent, according to art. 20 of GDPR.
• Right not to be subject to a decision exclusively based on automatic processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects pertaining to you or affect you in a similar manner, according to art. 22 of GDPR.
• Right to opposition – you have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data at any time, for reasons related to your particular situation, according to art. 21 of GDPR, and we will no longer process your personal data if we no longer have reasons to process it (an example of a legitimate reason: exercising or defending a right in a court of law, according to art. 17, par. 17, par. 3, let. e) of GDPR.
If you deem that the processing of your personal data breaches the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 or other laws, you have the right to submit an application to any of the following addresses firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, and to the supervision authority. At the same time, you have the right to file a lawsuit when you deem that your rights are breached.
The data protection officer for the companies within the Daimler Group can be contacted at the following address: Daimler AG, HPC G353, 70546 Stuttgart, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You issue your express consent for your personal data provided following the application for a job to be used, for recruitment purposes, by all the managers and responsible persons from the Human Resources department, within the entire group, if you have applied without specifying your preferred position. At the same time, by applying for an available job, you confirm that your data is genuine. We would like to inform you that false information could affect the possibility of concluding an employment contract.
June 21, 2020